Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 49: ...It Pours

Course: Kalamazoo, MI to East Lansing, MI
Distance: 80 miles
Terrain: Mostly flat
Conditions: Rain, cold, poor roads

We left lodging having dusted off the cold weather gear and suited up for a chilly day. No one really knew that the cold wouldn't be our only enemy. 10 miles in it began to sprinkle. 11 miles in, torrential downpour began. At least it seemed that way due to our speed. We slowed down a bit to increase visibility, and it still poured. It got colder and colder and windier and windier. My own cold got worse as the rain came, and 30 minutes in I couldn't feel my hands anymore. I decided to rack up and get some rest because I was feeling so terribly.

I pretty much just slept until the end of the ride. When we got to lodging, our PM let me shower and get some rest before dinner. Just before dinner, he told me that I should stay at the hotel to sleep instead of going to dinner. I didn't mind, because really all I felt like doing was sleeping anyways. After I was woken up by two hot dogs that were to be my dinner, I felt pretty refreshed. Loads better, but still not that great. After I scarfed down the two hot dogs, Jeff, Jesus and I were craving Chipotle, so we went out to eat. I couldn't breathe through my nose so I didn't taste much, but I think I ate my burrito in less than three minutes.

I went back for the night and went to bed early. There really wasn't a lot going on this day for me since no riding took place and there wasn't a friendship visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment